Tuesday 14 January 2014

Sometimes


Friday was a good day.

It was a good day in that nothing-special-happened-but-life-is-good way.

Naps went well. (This element is always a factor in whether or not a day is 'good' or 'rough.') We played easily with no forced engagement on either side. I got some chores done and managed to do something for myself during naptime. I ate regularly and even missed my son a bit when his nap ran long.

It was a good day.

I didn't once reminisce about my life pre-baby or wonder what it will become. I wasn't planning beyond the next few hours and I think I even smiled a bit to myself.

Life was good and I enjoyed it.



3 comments:

  1. I love reading your updates Ariel! I completely understand all these stages you are going through :) It is exhausting, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ray of enlightenment!!

    ReplyDelete