Friday 8 April 2011

Filling the Hours


Welcome to ‘The Chronicles of a Reluctant Housewife’ where I document my love/hate relationship with my current occupation.

There was this line in Chuck the other night where Awesome is telling Chuck that he is standing outside his own door, breathing deeply because he needs to calm himself before he steps inside.  This is because his wife makes up for not talking to another adult in 10 hours in about 10 minutes.  Pete laughed a bit louder than this particular dialogue warranted.  Perhaps he saw a connection to his own life. 
But it is true.  The life of the reluctant housewife does mean limited human contact, let alone adult contact.  I have yet to come to a solution for this.  Currently, I keep the TV or radio on all day as a form of company.  It’s like being a little old lady. 
I have a week before my next project starts up.  I have been working on a plan to keep me occupied and entertained during the day.  Ellie (the TV wife) spends her days doing brain research.  My plan is a little less intellectually challenging.  Part of it includes writing a few posts for this here blog.  A bit of spring cleaning of the closet.  Finally getting that jean skirt made.  A doctor’s appointment.  A bit of clothing alteration and reading over my dad’s screenplay. 
I also intend to sleep in.  Recently, I have found our bed to be incredibly comfortable.  The morning sun streaming in with the fresh air. I think that I have finally created the perfect dent in the mattress to fit my body.  I also bought some new pillows a few weeks ago.  Lovely. 
Plus, the more I sleep in the less time I have to fill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment