Friday 2 September 2011

Stuff and Stuff


It’s Friday!  Welcome to ‘The Chronicles of a Reluctant Housewife’ where I document my love/hate relationship with my current occupation.

I’m all over the place this week.  I pretty much wrote my Reluctant Housewife post at the beginning of the week.  My descent into sickness this week has totally thrown me.  But I think I have come to embrace the housewife thing a bit too much because for the two evenings I was laid up and Pete was cooking dinner and doing dishes and doing the grocery shopping alone, I was feeling crazy guilty for not helping. 
I mean really. 
After my discussion on Tuesday in which I likened a sink of dirty dishes to the ‘one’ ring I was, again, getting titchy about Pete treading on my territory. 
RIDICULOUS!!!
I have a beautiful husband that supports me in all my endeavours and also makes dinner, does dishes and will willingly dance with me when I ask, and I was titchy. 
It is official.  I am a crazy obsessed housewife and my identity is tied a bit too tightly to my relatively new- found ability to cook and keep house. 

I am drawing a line under it all.  When Pete offers to wash dishes, I will accept the offer without question.  This may throw him a bit as the request is often rejected.  It’s going to be awesome!
Times, they are a-changing.  I have always thought Autumn was the best time for new beginnings.

That’s it.  That’s all I have today.  The research project that has been the bane of my life these last two months, is done on Monday.  PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!  However, I have a lot to get done before I am free of this weight so I must press on and make it all shiny and pretty.
Also, we have a plumber coming at some point today (you know, between 9 and 5) to check our boiler and it would probably be better for me to not be in the shower when he arrives.  You know, because it is soooo likely that he will arrive before 4:30.  Just tell me you will be here at 4:30 so I can get on with my day!  You don’t know that I am a housebound housewife.  I could be a very in-demand important person that must be out of the house running around.  Or, you know, just a normal person that has to go to work.  Whatever. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment