Tuesday 25 January 2011

Chocolate Fudge Cake


Welcome to Tuesday Fit-Day.  A weekly meditation on fitness goals, successes and failures.  Thinking about it once a week is a step toward making it a part of everyday.

Today it’s more like Sick Day.  I have been struck down with the circulating flu.  I didn’t make it to my weigh-in yesterday, so I don’t know what the official tally is, but I think I am still chugging along.  Last week was a hard one.  I started out well, regular activity and well within points.  Then I made a startling discovery.  I had been calculating my regular breakfast incorrectly.  It is actually double the points I have been recording for weeks.  This explains my disappointing number from last week. 
On top of the breakfast debacle, we have made some friends that like to go out and eat.  This is a toughie.  We are very excited about our new friends, but going out for drinks and then two days later for dim sum is not great for my points management.  But I shouldn’t complain.  Friends are good.  It just means moving more, which needs to happen anyway. 
I’m starting my seventh week.  I am dying for desserts. Big, gooey, decadent desserts.  There are days when I feel like the plan is the easiest thing in the world.  And then there are days it is all I can do to not go down to the local store and press my face up against the freezer oggoling the Ben & Jerry’s and Haagen dazs.    

A Scene
 Setting: Sainsbury Supermarket, Time: Sunday early afternoon
A woman negotiates the crowd, trolley weaving around the stationary pensioners.  She expertly scans the aisles for essentials.  Suddenly everything stops.  She points. The shopper behind her executes an impressive acrobatic twist to avoid a pile up.
‘OOOH, Chocolate Fudge Cake!’

My thoughts exactly. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thank you for swinging by my blog and saying hello!

    Eat the ooey gooey desserts sometimes. It's the only way I stay sane (and successful).

    ReplyDelete