Tuesday 11 January 2011

Weight Watchers: Milestone


Since beginning Weight Watchers four weeks ago I have lost 7 lbs.  Last night I got a sparkly 7 sticker on my chart.  I guess Weight Watchers understands the need for gold stars. 
The weight lost has slowed down now and it has become harder to not dip into the weekly allowance more frequently.  I’m starting to get tired of fruit and soup and need to start finding low point lunches that don’t feel so diet-y if I am going to maintain this way of eating.  The other possibility is to exercise more.  In the first week I was forcing myself to go to the gym in order to stay within my daily point limit while still going out to eat.  Since then, with the weight falling off, the exercise slowed because I was losing without it.  But now, since I am craving heavier meals (and bread) I’m going to have to go back to the exercise. 
But not to the gym, I think. 
My hatred of the gym is well-documented.  Pete and I mapped out a running route over the Christmas break and I have since done it three times.  I think I am getting a better workout than the treadmill.  I’m running up and down small grades, uneven pavement, against the wind.  Plus it takes up less time.  I’m not pressed for time, being unoccupied at the moment, but the time it takes to get ready for the gym, get to the gym, workout, get back from the gym, shower, is triple what it takes to just go out for a run and do some push-ups, etc after.  To be honest, the getting ready and getting to the gym is what keeps from getting to the gym. 
It may be time to downgrade the gym membership to pay-as-you-go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment