Monday 8 November 2010

23 Days of Thanks


23.  A good night’s sleep
These are few and far between for me usually.  This past week I have had a few in a row.  It makes all the difference.  I am finally getting over this cold and have even made it to the gym a few times.  Regardless what happens the rest of the day, I slept through the night and that already starts the day on a high note.  Sometimes it is the highlight of the day, but at least it is a good start to the day. 
During the end stages of the thesis I wasn’t really sleeping at all.  I stopped all caffeine intake after 10am and was a regular gym-goer (the wedding was a big incentive) but Sleep still eluded me most nights.  I slept maybe two nights on our five week wedding tour (didn’t make for a happy camper on our last leg with Pete’s family.  Sorry about that.)
Sleep and I have a rocky relationship.  This past week has been a smooth ride.  Let’s see how long it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment