Wednesday 3 November 2010

28 Days of Thanks


28. My Clothesline

There is something so pleasing about a line of clean clothes blowing in the wind. 
It is such a simple thing, but it makes my life so much easier and I love the smell of clothes dried in the sun.  Today may be the last time I use the line before Spring comes around. 
I run a load of laundry almost daily.  With no dryer, all items have to air dry and that can take ages in a semi-damp terraced house.  We have limited square footage and the clothes airer takes up quite a bit of space.  The more I can hang outside, the better. 
Of course, there is also the occasional scramble to get the clothes off the line when the inevitable rain shower moves in unexpectedly.  I should know better in London, but I still try to steal every ray of sun, even if it’s weakened by the cloud cover. 
Sometimes it’s the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment